Monday, March 28, 2011

New Blog!

     I decided to do away with our old blog and start fresh!  I printed my old blog into a nice journal/book so I thought I'd go out with the old and in with the new.  Oh boy are we ready for summer vacation!  This semester has just about done us in...so we are more than ready to have it over with.  Spring break was interesting this year because mine was one week and Bryce's was the next so we made the best of it.  One day we were able to go up skiing!  Finally!  We took my dad too so that was fun.  We made it about a half day when we were blinded by a complete white out and almost blown away by ice pelting gusty winds on the chair lift.  We would've kept going, but alas we were forced off the mountain.  It was still lots of fun and the snow was great!  I probably had 2 heart attacks both times I saw my dad fall.  He's just shy of 50 so he's still full of youth, but when a 6'8" man falls...he has a long way to go!  Luckily we returned him to Susan unscathed for which she was very grateful.  


Spring Break in the snow makes for no sun tan whatsoever :)
PB&Js...its tradition!  This was when the snow forced us to take a break and unfortunately  just never let up
Other activities included a Grizzly hockey game, birthday dinner for my mom and little sister, racquetball, trips to sugarhouse park, movies, shopping, and last but not least...nickelcade!  We had hours of fun playing games at nickelcade one night.  I was genuinely surprised by how much we were able to do with 100 nickels a piece.   
I insisted on posing with the nickels...so we could remember what we were doing ha ha

I didn't actually play this game, I just wanted to pose with an orange rifle

Bryce is a focused gamer

And that was our spring break in a nut shell!  Not nearly as exciting as a California getaway or Caribbean cruise, but you do what you can do.  We are SO excited for summer and have some trips to look forward to.  We're really just excited to get to go outside ALL the time!  We are so sick of the cold keeping us cooped up inside.  We bought longboards and helmets and plan to become pros this summer ha ha we shall see.  We might end up selling them to Bryce's little brother if we end up failing miserably.  I didn't post about the Linkin Park concert, but we went to that at the end of February and had an absolute blast.  What a cool band!  We took some regular pictures, but what fun are those?  We had a great time rockin' out!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for married name blogs! Love it. Thanks for the update and letting me see into you secretive life ;) I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the blog! Looks like you guys have been having fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the last picture! You two are sooooo photogenic :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep love the blog and loved seeing you last friday!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete