Thursday, April 5, 2012

February Fun

The highlight of February is a tie between Groundhog Day and Valentine's Day.  Most people would say there is no comparison, but not in my family.  We cooked ourselves up a fat groundhog (aka Susan made her delicious meatloaf) and when we were good and full we had a ridiculous amount of treats with dad's homemade popcorn while watching Bill Murray in the movie Groundhog Day.  We watch it every year - I have way too many lines memorized - but I still find it so funny.  Susan hates the movie which just makes it more hilarious because we insist she participate in the tradition.  Until Hollywood makes another movie about Groundhog Day we are stuck with the same one!


For Valentine's day Bryce planned a surprise and woke me up to take me to get a couple's massage!  It was definitely the right time for this!  I didn't realize that even though I feel like I can handle my schedule well - slowly but surely the stress creeps up on you and your muscles hold a lot of tension.  I felt like a new woman afterwards!  Bryce decided to sluff school and we spent the day together.  For dinner we went to Fleming's at the gateway.  Never in my life would I pay that much for food, except we had a giftcard.  However, it was by far the BEST steak I've ever had in my life.  It didn't even need ketchup!  Ha ha.  Then we went and saw the movie The Vow.  We both were looking forward to it and the previews had me fooled.  Bryce and I had researched the actual couple the movie was based on and their story was so inspiring and they fought for their marriage and then you see the movie....I won't spoil it for you, but it was a let down.  It was still worth seeing considering both of our celebrity crushes were the stars :). 

And on President's day we went skiing with the some of the Bagley's!


1 comment: