Monday, July 22, 2013

Summer fun!

We have been having such a fun summer!  I hope you all have too.  Even with Bryce in classes for the summer semester we have still managed to do so many fun things.  While the month of May was basically the 'stare at Lucy doing nothing but she's still so cute' month, June came and it was time to venture out and show Lucy how to live life!  First up was my 25th birthday.  I think 25 is an awesome number so I've actually been telling people I was 25 since December of last year.  It might have also been because I didn't want people to think I was too young to be pregnant when they'd ask how old I was...because you know, 25 is WAY older than 24 ha ha.  So now that I'm finally 25 it's the first time that I haven't had to adjust to the age because I've been practicing!  The night before my birthday my parents offered to throw my birthday BBQ.  I was so excited because grilled food during the summer is my favorite!  Plus we had an ice cream cake for dessert...another favorite! 

Josh & Kenz came as well as Ben & Jess.  We are trying to warm Jess up to babies so she practices with Lucy!  Personally I think she's a natural!

Linds & Austin came too...I love my lil sissy!

Lucy just saying Happy Birthday Mom

She's my favorite present!
 On my actual birthday I was helping throw one of my greatest friends her baby shower for her almost here (1 week away!!) little boy Harvey.  We went with the Ahoy It's a Boy theme and had a lot of fun celebrating with Miss Shell Bell.  She's an amazing pregnant woman...she did cross-fit her entire pregnancy!  On the night of my birthday we ventured out as a couple for the first time since Lucy was born.  She was in great hands with Bryce's parents.  We went to dinner at Red Robin and then to see the movie Now You See Me.  I loved it!  
Need glasses for movies - signs of aging I know

My friends are so creative!  I am usually in charge of food and games for a reason :)  They are amazing!

Once again letting people practice being moms with Lucy - she's an excellent baby for it!
 Father's Day was the next day.  A day that was pretty insignificant last year is now a big deal around here!  Bryce is smitten with Lucy and is such a great dad to her.  He takes care of her the entire time we are at church because I teach primary and they all want to touch her and I'm nervous about germs ha ha.  He handles it like a champ!  He's one of those dads that gets so mad at restaurants or stores that don't have a changing table in the men's bathroom....
Lucy and her Norwegian father
 For Father's Day we went to Matt & Britney's who were hosting a BBQ for us.  It's fun to get out of the house of course, but most of the time people say Oh hey thanks for bringing Lucy!  And then we are left to ourselves ha ha.  I love that she is so loved!
Luke and Uncle Bryce being silly

Lucy ALWAYS has an audience

The 3 generations - and the boys who didn't want to leave or look away from Lucy ha ha

We love the dads in our life!
 We didn't give Bryce a present at all during the day on Father's day and he didn't really seem to notice.  That night we stopped by my dad's house so I could wish him a happy father's day.  I was telling Bryce I really wanted to start rollerblading again (yes I love it) and I thought my old roller blades were in my parent's shed.  After like 5 minutes of begging him to go check with me in case there were "heavy things to move" he followed me outside.  I let him go into the shed and he started asking why my dad got a new barbecue when I yelled SURPRISE!  It's yours!  He was seriously shocked.  I've never surprised him that well and I LOVE surprising people! This was his face saying Are you for real?  We have had such delicious food ever since. Good job Lauren & Lucy!  (In case my friend Alison read this, there are no roller blades in the shed and I'm in the market for some new ones ha ha)

I'm throwing in some random pictures of Lucy's life....
She's smiley most days around here...especially for this guy!

If Lucy shows up in the car seat and is napping...this happens until she wakes up ha ha
 Yay for more babies!  My friends are finally starting to pop out their kids that are due this summer and Lucy met her first friend.  We aren't sure about an arranged marriage yet because Lucy looks like a sumo wrestler next to Ben, but we'll see.  The Shermans had Bennett in June so Lucy's about one month older than him.  It was fun swapping baby stories and having people who we can relate to as we adjust to our new lives with kids!  Bennett was a cutie!

Lucy going to church in her colorful party dress

I wuv her cheeks more than anything!  They are kissed every chance I get

Lucy ready for a wedding we went to for Danielle Mendel, from Bryce's home ward.  We had so much fun dancing with Lucy on the dance floor.  She loved it!  Until she fell asleep....ha ha
 Lucy turned 2 months old!  On the 4th of July actually.  She was hamming it up at her photo shoot that's for sure...
Workin' the tongue

She thinks she's pretty hilarious

My big girl!
 For the 4th of July we were driving literally all day to Garden Valley, Idaho for my cousins wedding.  Road trips are definitely longer with a baby who eats every 3 hours or so.  We didn't really do anything to celebrate, but at least we got her in the outfit and took pictures!  
 Like I said the wedding was in Garden Valley - basically in the beautiful mountains of Idaho!  It was a weekend celebration for my oldest cousin Ally marrying her love Danny.  It was such a cool setting.  It was great introducing Lucy to MORE people who love her!  Sometimes I would turn away and when I looked back I'd lost her for a second because she'd been passed on.  Always in good hands of course
My polka dot princess

Our family at the wedding
 Our family is pretty unique in that my grandparents have ended up with 9 granddaughters and now 2 great-granddaughters.  No boys!  It's very rare for us to all be together so we took advantage to snap a picture with the pair who started it all!  

Lucy fits right in with our trio

My grandpa is one of those people that you just love to be around.  I love getting to spend time with him.  During the toast they were pouring sparkling cider, but my grandpa had already filled his flute with Coke and so I asked for some as well.  We like to keep it classy!

I loved my cousin's dress, especially the bottom!  Plus she wore cowboy boots which was extra fun

Lucy loved the twinkling lights - Bryce was having his first daddy daughter dance with Lucy - precious!

It was a tight squeeze on the ride up - but Lucy had fun being entertained by Aunt and Grandma in the back seat

Great-grandpa Mike playing with Lucy

We went wading in the FREEZING river - and of course snapped silly pictures before

My stunning grandmother!  I love her tons

My mom's beautiful too - I have good genes in my favor

The original 7 girl cousins - we took pictures like this our whole lives and usually it was in matching dresses, yes all 7 of us!  It used to be a pretty good stair case with our height, but for some reason the babies of the family are almost 6 feet tall now!  It's so fun getting together with all of us

A 4 generation picture

And last but not least - Lucy wanting to arch her back and play like this - and her darling tongue made it in the picture too ha ha
The weekend after the wedding we went up to Logan for the Floyd & Vivian Bagley Family reunion.  We met even more family and wore Lucy out!  We were supposed to be to breakfast before 9 and I thought well Lucy gets up around 6:30 so no alarm should be needed.  Well that was smart except Lucy decided to sleep in until 8:30 ha ha.  All the family gatherings finally got to her I guess.  
The best part is summer is not over yet!  Bryce will be done with his semester in about 2 weeks and we have most of August to play even more!  We have Lucy's baby blessing coming up (I didn't really know when people did it so I just picked August ha ha) and a trip to Bear Lake.  I'll post about those the next free nap time I have!

1 comment:

  1. Get those blades!!! It makes or breaks a garage :) also I love how cute Lucy is especially love the picture of her smiling at her daddy - melts my heart.

    ReplyDelete